Get in Touch with Us!
Call us at 785-462-7511
Preparing for Admission
We want to make your experience at Citizens Medical Center, Inc. (CMCI) a pleasant one. Our medical providers and staff are dedicated to providing high quality care to you and your family. We are committed to fulfilling the mission of CMCI by “providing compassionate care that promotes dignity and well-being.”
Please bring a valid picture identification and insurance card with you to assist in the admissions process. The standard hours for the admissions department are: first two windows 7am-5:00pm & 7:15am-5:00pm; third window 8am-5pm. Their phone number is (785) 460-1211.
What Should I Bring:
Bringing the following items with you will make your visit more convenient and comfortable:
- Contacts (including case and solution) or glasses.
- Hearing aids.
- Dentures and denture adhesive.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Current medication list (prescription and nonprescription) including inhalers, eye drops, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, supplements, and herbal medications. If you are unable to provide a listing, please bring the actual medications with you.
- Information about your allergies, medical history, and surgical history.
- Immunization history focused on the history of tetanus, flu, and pneumonia immunizations.
- Copy of Advanced Directives.
- Emergency contact name(s) and phone number.
- A list of questions to ask your health care providers to improve both your understanding of your medical condition and your ability to develop and assist in your plan of care. This may include questions about your disease, treatment options, involvement of a specialist, and surgical options.
What Should I Leave at Home:
We recommend you leave the following items at home for safekeeping:
- Large amounts of money or credit cards.
- Sentimental or irreplaceable items.
- We encourage visitation between the hours of 10:00AM-8:30PM daily.
- Please check-in at the nurse’s station if the patient is being protected by isolation precautions.
- Please delay visitation if you are ill; if you are unable to delay your visit please speak with nursing staff before visiting so we can make your visit safe for all patients.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Please wash your hands before entering patient rooms and after exiting.
- Please Cover Your Cough.
- Pharmacy laws require all medication(s) given to patients in the hospital be dispensed by the pharmacy and administered by a licensed health care professional.
- Smoking is not allowed on the Citizens Medical Center, Inc. campus. Your medical provider can assist you with managing your nicotine dependency during your hospitalization.
- You may use your cell phone at the hospital.
- Wireless Internet service is available by connecting to Citizens_Guest. No username or password is required.
- Additional information can be found in the Patient Information Booklet.
Give the Gift of Life:
As a health care institution, Citizens Medical Center, Inc. is dedicated to honoring our patient’s decision to donate their organs when they die. Organ donors can save as many as eight lives with organ donation, help 50 through tissue donation, help two people regain vision, and help millions through medical research.
You should communicate your wishes to your family and friends. Your decision to donate should also be included and considered as you develop your advanced directives.
Midwest Transplant Network www.mwtn.org.
- Information on organ and tissue donation.
Donate Life Registry www.DonateLifeKansas.com.
- In addition to signifying your desire to donate by having a heart placed on your driver’s license; you can register as an organ and tissue donor here.
- Financial Assistance
- Specialty Clinic
- NWKS Surgical Associates
- Medical Services
- Small Steps!
- Physician Opportunities
- Job Openings
- Hospital Directory
- Maps & Directions
- Patient Rights
- CMCI Leadership
- Employee Access
- Patient Portal