Get in Touch with Us!
Call us at 785-462-7511
Health Care Expansion
The above architectural rendering is that of the expansion for Family Center for Health Care. This expansion is necessary to the future of the health care in northwest Kansas. Therefore, Citizens Medical Center, Inc. (CMCI) is planning a Health Care Expansion Project to be completed within the next three years. To accomplish this, a personal giving campaign has begun and gifts are being sought. Our goal is to raise $1.9 million over the next eighteen months. The employees of CMCI are committed to this project and helping to raise the required funds for this project. This expansion will add: three physicians, expand the Family Center for Health Care building, upgrade our surgical suites, upgrade the obstetrical wing, and expand hospital and clinic obstetrical services. Please enjoy our video regarding our organization, our campaign, and our community. Simply click play.
Three physicians will be joining CMCI’s medical staff: two family medicine physicians and one general surgeon.
In August of 2012, Dr. John Dygert will join the medical staff of CMCI. Dr. Dygert is a family medicine physician.
In 2013, Drs. Kelly and Sarah Gabel will join the medical staff of CMCI. Dr. Kelly Gabel is a general surgeon and Dr. Sarah Gabel is a family medicine physician.
Additional Services added by Expansion:
- Major surgeries
- Emergency surgeries
- On-call trauma coverage
- Gynecological procedures
- Biopsy and diagnostic procedures
- Enhanced obstetrical services
- Additional family medicine services
- Ensure an adequate number of physicians are available for Colby, Thomas County, and our surrounding communities for many years to come.
- Provide access to services not currently available in the community or in the northwest Kansas region.
- Upgrade our ability to care for trauma patients through the addition of a general surgeon.
- Strengthen our position of being the regional leader for health care services.
- Diversify our community’s economic base.
- Create additional good paying jobs within our community.
- Attract young professionals back to northwest Kansas.
- Create a stronger health care system to maneuver the inevitable health care reform laws and regulations.
Giving Levels Recognized:
- Benefactors-$500,000 and up.
- Friends-$999 and under.
There are numerous naming opportunities available as part of this exciting expansion project. They are listed below with the contribution requested. Your gift will allow you to become part of the daily life and legacy of the health care provided at Citizens Medical Center, Inc.
- Surgical Suite $500,000
- Obstetrics Wing $500,000
- FCHC Lobby #1 $250,000
- FCHC Lobby #2 $250,000
- OB Nursery $250,000
- OB Waiting Area $100,000
- Birthing Room #1 $50,000
- Birthing Room #2 $50,000
- Provider Offices $20,000
- OB Patient Rooms $20,000
- Clinic Exam Rooms $10,000
- Clinic Doors $5,000
The health care expansion project at CMCI is estimated to cost $1.9 million. The major expense categories are:
- Architects, legal, and other fees: $100,000.00
- Construction: $1,200,000.00
- Equipment and furniture: $100,000.00
- Surgery equipment: $500,000.00
- Total: $1,900,000.00
If you can contribute to this important and exciting expansion project please contact us. Your gift will be forever appreciated and remembered.Citizens Foundation 100 E. College Drive Colby, KS 67701 (785) 460-1214 E-mail Us: firstname.lastname@example.org